Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ultrasound and Dr appointment

Today was a busy day. I had a routine doctors appointment and later in the day I had a ultrasound. I always look forward to the ultrasounds and I am totally spoiled with them. No pictures to show everyone this time but it was really nice to see my boys again. These two are huge. According to a few websites they should be right around 2lbs with an average weight of 1.7 for 26 week old fetuses. Well my boys are slightly...ok a lot bigger than that. Baby A is coming in at 2.13lbs and Baby B is coming in at 2.9lbs. They were ahead at my last ultrasound too. Before these last two times they had always been right on track so I know I am not just messed up on the weeks. They are just big boys.

At my Dr appointment I got to do my glucose tolerance test...yum...and turns out I am doing great in that department. I have gained only two more pounds in the last three weeks and he is really happy with my progress. I told him about all that was bothering me like my ribs, my leg falling asleep when I walk, blacking out and he told me its all normal. These babies are just big and getting bigger so expect it to get worse. I expected that but it still stinks. No bed rest for me though, I just need to rest when I can and take breaks and take it easy.

I also told him about my braxton hicks contractions. He said that if they become regular and happen as close as fifteen minutes apart for an hour I need to go to Labor and delivery right away. It totally has me hypersensitive now. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

So that's my days adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment